Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mama is working out...kind of

Although I'm still in the early part of my second trimester, I'm already thinking about how I can get in shape post-baby. Dr. Oz recommends that pregnant women should walk for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week just to maintain a base level of fitness and help them shed the weight once the bundle of joy arrives. Now, I'm not looking to achieve an Olympian physique while with child, so this mild regimen seems doable.

The last few days I am proud to say that I have been walking around the neighborhood for 25-30 minutes. I made Joe walk with me last night for entertainment purposes even though he had already completed his Insanity workout for the day. (Joe: "But I already worked out..Me: "YOU WILL WALK WITH ME TONIGHT TO KEEP ME ENTERTAINED. WE'RE JUST WALKING; IT'S NOT MAJOR EXERCISE.") Hasn't he realized he is outnumbered these days?

Anyway, who thinks my regimen will help me look like Kourtney Kardashian post-baby? (And of course I'll have the same access to her personal trainers, chefs, life coaches and other hired help that keep her looking fantastic.) Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment