Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Attention Bully Moms: Stay Away

My boss was in town this week, and we had a great time catching up. It's funny - we typically spend more time chatting about non-work related items rather than work itself. (It's great actually.) Anyway, she's recently had her second child, so pregnancy and post-pregnancy topics are still fresh on her mind. 

Her words of advice over our sushi dinner (yes I had the cooked variety) was to do what I feel is right for my child. Don't worry about other people's opinions or what people say you should do. She said, "For example, so many women are bullied into thinking they HAVE to breastfeed or they HAVE to care for their baby a certain way." Ultimately, it's up to each of us moms to decide what is best and what we feel comfortable doing. And I couldn't agree more! I think a lot of new moms worry that their decisions will be scrutinized/judged/questioned by other moms in their social circle. The truth is: It's none of anyone's business. Personally, I haven't [yet] felt the wrath of a judgmental mommy, but I'm sure once little baby G arrives, that will all change. I'm ready for the counterattack though. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment