Monday, June 20, 2011

Jeansick

I don't know about the rest of the moms out there, but I must admit that I had trouble fitting into my clothes (especially JEANS...gasp!) soon after I found out I was pregnant. I purchased a bella band to help extend the life of my non-maternity wear, but the reprieve only gave me an extra two weeks of jean-enjoyment. (A bella band looks like a tube top that you place around your midsection and holds up your jeans/pants/skirts/whatever, allowing you to wear these beloved items unbuttoned and unzipped.) Admittedly, everything was getting tight - everywhere. Even my trusted "fat" jeans started to let me down (or in my case, wouldn't even go up.) Needless to say, I've had to forgo wearing jeans for a good portion of my pregnancy and my life has been completely off-balance.

Now for those of you who don't know me very well, jeans are a staple to my fashion diet. I wear them practically every day even to work since we have a relaxed dress code. Plus, I sit in a cubicle all day, so I need to be comfortable. 

Well the search for maternity jeans started around week 13 when I just couldn't take wearing another flowy, peasant skirt anymore. I went shopping with my Mom and found a really cute pair only to look down at the price tag and notice they were $150. WHAT?!?! Now, I will be the first person to admit that you get what you pay for, and I only try to buy  higher quality items rather than shoddy-made-but-they-are-so-cheap pieces. I know a good investment requires, well, an investment. But jeans that will only be worn for another 6 months, c'mon. The sensible part of me just couldn't bear the thought. So I continued wearing the bohemian skirts for a few more weeks until last Friday night (my last day of week 15 and my much-needed jaunt to the mall alone) and found a pair of Mavi jeans (originally $180 marked down to $59.99). And let me tell you - these jeans are so incredibly comfortable, I might have to wear them for the next 23 weeks + 5 days. Similar to a lot of maternity wear available, they 'grow with you'. That slogan has never appealed to me until now.

2 comments:

  1. Your jeans post brings back memories :-) I also had to splurge on nice jeans when I was pregnant. A pea in a pod had some super cute Joe"s jeans. I must admit they were a bit pricey, but they made me feel good at the time so I bought them. Glad the pregnancy is going well. I can't wait to hear if baby g is a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meri! Yes, the jeans I bought are so comfy and actually make me feel good - and right now - I'll take anything that can make me feel and look good!

    I find out next week re: baby's gender...so check back for the big reveal!

    Hope you and Whitney and Ryan are well!

    ReplyDelete