Thursday, August 4, 2011

Confessions of a Pregnant Woman

There is nothing more voracious than the appetite of a pregnant woman. Forget about eating for two, most of the time I feel like my appetite is like a bottomless pit, feeding an army of boys. 

I used to come home and tell Joe about my day. Now I find myself 'confessing' what I ate.

"I had a doughnut this morning."

"I ate six cookies."

"I packed my lunch but was still hungry so I went to Firehouse Subs for a second meal."

"I've been eating all day. What's for dinner?"

He looks at me, shrugs his shoulders, and goes back to whatever he was doing. (Smart man for refraining from spewing any sarcasm comments about my growing appetite and waistline!)

I guess I'm just not used to eating such a high volume of food (don't get me wrong: I LOVE FOOD. I LOVE TO EAT GOOD FOOD. I CONSIDER GOOD FOOD ONE OF LIFE'S BLESSINGS AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD A HEALTHY APPETITE.) But now, this strange new vengeance to eat all the time consumes my mind as much as researching car seats and planning for baby does. I've always heard that pregnant woman have hearty appetites (and a universal craving for doughnuts - Jess!) but now this notion has become my reality and I just don't know what to do with myself (other than eat, of course!!!) 

Oh well. It's all part of the process. I'll deal with the aftermath of my pregnancy eating after I have the baby. 

Until then, what's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment