Sunday, August 7, 2011

A New View on This [Growing] Life

Yesterday, Joe and I had our very first 3D and 4D ultrasound session at Prenatal Impressions in Orlando. They are one of the few imaging centers that offers a look at your baby in utero via advanced 3D and 4D technology. Traditional ultrasounds provide only a 2D glimpse; 4D is showing real time action (video) of the baby and 3D is the still shot taken from any 4D footage. The technician - Tony - whom by the way is also the operations manager is FANTASTIC. Rather than giving us the 15-minute planned session, he captured at least 25 minutes of footage for us. He also confirmed the sex of the baby (which we did not tell him we knew). Don't you love the emphasis he placed on the anatomy? (Only a guy would do this I believe lol.)


Tony said Baby Boy G was very ACTIVE, moving all throughout my 'perfect uterus'. Well that's a line I've never heard before. Evidently, I have a spacious uterus with a posterior placenta, meaning Baby Boy G's accommodations for the next few months are quite comfortable! Good to know. I couldn't feel much activity despite what I was seeing on the large monitor (perhaps because of my spacious uterus). He was squirming, flipping around, turning his body, doing somersaults (fetus style) but ended the show completely camera shy, by shifting his back toward us and facing my back. I guess he knew we were watching him!


It was such an incredible experience to see this growing life looking more and more human and demonstrating human-like behavior. He was covering his face, scratching his face, moving his lips. It's always exciting to do an ultrasound, so I can check up on him and see how he is doing. But this version provided us a whole new glimpse into this growing miracle. 

We can't wait to meet you Baby Boy G (I promise we'll have a name for you soon), but please stay safe and sound in my perfect uterus until December. We don't want you to come into this world until you are ready, which will hopefully be on or after December 3rd.

Love,
Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he's so cute!! And congrats on your perfect uterus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is perfect! I love the pictures! I am sure he does not want to come out yet either!! Congrats on the perfect uterus like Kerry said!!!:o)

    ReplyDelete