Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Under Attack

I know it's been awhile since I've posted on my blog. A few faithful followers have asked about my disappearing act (so nice of you to care!) The truth is I have been extremely busy with work (damn shame I actually have to work and can't blog all day) and preoccupied with some other things that don't need to be discussed in this forum. But rest assured, everything is fine. Really! 

So let me brief you on my current vitals...

I am currently 25 weeks along. I had my monthly check-up yesterday and all is progressing wonderfully! I heard the heartbeat and based on the location of the heart, the doctor guessed Baby Boy G was head down with his feet dangling in the upper left quadrant of my uterus. He is also kicking up a storm inside - literally - as I now feel very strong fetal movements, somersaults, belly dancing, kickboxing and much much more. His intervals of activity seem to happen mostly at night. I am truly amazed when I see my stomach squirming and twitching and can only assume it is him changing positions or at least trying to get comfortable (don't forget baby, I have a spacious uterus, so go ahead, make yourself at home!) I have two weeks to go in my second trimester if you can believe it. I certainly can't. Seems like just yesterday I was praying on my knees, head down in the toilet, hoping the nausea and vomiting would end. Now here we are...just 15 weeks to go. The next big 'to-do' is to get screened for gestational diabetes. Most women pass the initial screening and don't have to undergo the actual testing. Let's hope all goes well with my screening...will update everyone once that happens.

And while my uterus is under attack by a growing fetus who thinks his place of residence is also a punching bag, my physical body is also under attack by the vocal public. I cannot begin to tell you how many people think it is perfectly okay to comment on my growing size. "Wow, you're six months? You're BIG!" Excuse me? When is it EVER okay to use the word BIG to a woman? Pregnant or not. I didn't ask you how I looked; I didn't request that you comment on my expanding waistline. So, shut it. It just happened now at work. I was walking to the bathroom for the sixth time today only to fall victim to my cube mate (not Jessica - she wouldn't dare!) who said, "Wow you are getting bigger every day." In a very disapproving voice, I said, "Yeah, thanks." She quickly fired back to say, "Oh but you look so cute." Bull s___. Just keep walking and I'll pretend you're not an insensitive moron! Ah, motherhood has already brought out the best in me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment