Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Status Update: Week 34

Here we are...< 6 weeks to go before D-Day. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good! I have resigned to the fact that trying to sleep is a lost cause. Truthfully, I do sleep, but it's not a restful night's sleep. How can it be when you are tormented by limited sleep positions, have difficulty 'getting comfortable' and taunted by an overactive bladder. (In actuality, I only get up once on average to pee - although sometimes it's more like twice a night. I consider myself lucky.) I decided to sleep on the couch last night, thinking it would provide a more comfortable place of rest. Plus I didn't want to keep annoying Joe with my chronic tosses and turns. It's bad enough we have a giant imposing snake (it's a body pillow people, don't be dirty!) separating us and infringing on his space and between that and my restlessness, I figured he could use a night off. So, I did what any dutiful, loving and selfless wife did: I gave up the bed for the couch. His first words to me this morning, "Why did you sleep on the couch? What did I do now? Was I snoring again?" LOL. Good husband.

I had my final bi-weekly doctor's appointment this morning. From now on, it's a weekly visit to the doctor's office. We listened to the heartbeat (150 bpm!), so a strong heart rate! Baby G's presentation is also good: He is head down as he has been for the last few weeks. I have a final ultrasound week 38 to see his official presentation and to confirm that I am set for a vaginal delivery. Another piece of good news: I only gained one pound since the last visit. Thank. God. There is nothing more troubling than the nurse telling me, "Oh honey, you gained a few more pounds than average this week." And believe me - that's happened a couple of times already. Once I got to the office, I realized how swollen my ankles were (my feet seem to be okay but ankles are a different story.) I kicked off my shoes and socks and put my feet up on the office's nice leather ottoman. This is my new signature look...barefoot, feet up and [trying] to relax. After all, I only have a few more weeks to go before relaxation becomes obsolete. 


Notice the swollen ankles. Thank God for plush footrests and a relaxed office.

Off to bed now. My real bed that is. Not sure if I can do two back to back nights on the couch. I'm not that considerate. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment