Friday, October 21, 2011

Showered with Love x Two

No pregnancy is complete without a baby shower... well, not in a literal sense, but what a wonderful way to prepare for the big arrival by having a celebration all about YOU and the BABY! I welcomed week 32 of my pregnancy with a baby shower that included family and dear friends. I was deeply moved by the kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness of the people in attendance (and those who were celebrating with me in absentia). I must thank my mother in law for hosting a LOVELY shower with no detail overlooked! Equal thanks to my sister in law - Annie, my best friend - Christina, my mother - Tereza and stepmother - Patricia who all helped pull off a truly fantastic day. 

Here are a few pics...

No introduction needed!

"The Hartford" girls - I worked with them for years
From left to right: Meri, Michele, Jade, Carrie, Me, Amanda and Kerry



Me and CP (Christina)

Me and Jessica (my coworker at NCR - we've been cube-mates for 7 years now!)
God, I hope I have her body after I have the baby (she's a mom!)




Family! From left to right: Huguette, Micha, Monique, Me and Natalie

With CP this time

With Shannon who is also expecting!


With the moms (my mom left and mother in law, Maria, right)

With Mom
With Maria


With stepmom Patricia


With my cousin Desiree and sweet Aunt Judy


Cute pic! Foreground and clockwise: Ambry, Aunt Rita, Grandma, Mom, Maria and Annie


Maria's good friend Patty, Joe's Aunt Rita and Joe's Grandma (who looks thrilled to be there!)


I'm full...
But there's always room for CAKE! This was so delicious.
A vanilla cake with lemon filling (a pregnant woman's dream!) Thanks Dad and Patricia!

And CUPCAKES! Thank you sweet Ambry!

Now it's gift time!
Go Knights! (This was more for Joe...haha!)

Cute outfits!
For Julian's trips to Disney!


A sweater vest to match daddy's attire

My dear friend Carrie made these circles that spell out JULIAN (they are now hanging above his crib!)
A complete outfit with SHOOOZ!

But this is probably the funniest gift...it's an actual children's book. Notice the title! This was from my friend Jason who knows no boundaries in life. :-)
With Daddy Joe who made an appearance
Joe is proud of the 'accomplishment' lol

And if I didn't receive enough gifts at that shower...my coworkers surprised me with an office shower one week later! My boss who is based in Atlanta flew down for the day to celebrate!


SURPRISE!


With my boss Caroline!
This is so cool...they took Julian's ultrasound picture and had a bakery recreate it on the cake!



With my baby!


Opening MORE gifts!

Love these outfits


Thank you everyone who helped us prepare to welcome Julian Nash! Only 6 weeks to go!


Main shower: 10/8/11 
Office shower: 10/14/11

3 comments:

  1. I love you!!! You deserve all this and more. Can't wait for Julian's arrival in 6 weeks!!
    -CP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I loved looking at all of these pics from the showers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love the name Julian- he'll be lucky to have you as a mama!

    ReplyDelete