Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What Happened to the Second Trimester?

Well friends and family, there are just a few days left in my second trimester. Saturday, September 10th marks week 28 AND the start of my third trimester if you can believe it. I sure can't. Seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant and morning sickness settled in. 

Here's a retrospective list of what I enjoyed most about this time:

1. Energy levels were restored and I gained an
extreme amount of motivation.

2. Formed an obvious pregnant belly so people didn't have to wonder if I was gaining weight from pizza or a baby...

3. ...But I was still small enough to get around comfortably (i.e., get in and out of the car, go to theme parks, spend hours at the mall) without difficulty.


4. NO vomiting!


5. Started tolerating Joe's cologne again. Sorry, honey, you just did not smell good to me for the first 3 months of pregnancy. :P


6. Felt distinct fetal movements! Questionable gas trappings turned into full-fledged fetal kicks and punches. I love watching my belly shift around and determining which body part is piercing through my abdominal wall.


7. Seeing Baby Boy G in 4D view with human features and a clear view of what he looks like.


The only downside of the second trimester is frequent urination. My bladder held up all right during the first trimester, but these days, get.me.to.a.bathroom.STAT! Just the other day we went to the movies, and I had to leave the theater twice to go to the bathroom. You really can't help it, especially if the baby is putting pressure over your bladder. But that's the only annoyance and I would take this any day over the attributes of the first trimester.

Let's see what this third and final leg of pregnancy have to offer other than the birth of our beautiful son.

Until my next post!



Week 27...looks like I have a basketball under there, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in this picture!! Love the outfit!! I can't believe it's already the third trimester! Wow!

    ReplyDelete